Did you know that most single-use diapers in Australia have the equivalent of 1.5 plastic bottles in every diaper?
That’s a lot of plastic. Fortunately, there’s a solution! Every layer of Ecoriginals diapers are made from plant-based materials, we believe our diapers have the highest amount of plant-based materials on the market today. There are similar swaps you can make all over your home to reduce your plastic footprint.
Here are 8 household items you can swap out for more sustainable alternatives. Make sure you use what you have until it needs replacing first, to reduce the amount of unnecessary waste.
- Carry a reusable water bottle made from metal or glass to avoid buying single-use bottles (the water tastes better too)
- Swap out takeaway cutlery and straws for reusable ones with a cute carry wrap
- Choose Ecoriginals diapers rather than traditional high plastic alternatives
- Use reusable fabric produce and shopping bags for your groceries
- Enjoy soft, reusable swim diapers for your little ones rather than crispy plastic ones
- Buy 100% bamboo, biodegradable wipes rather than harsh plastic wipes or single-use paper napkins
- Swap single-use bathroom bottles such as body wash, shampoo and conditioner for refillable containers
- While we’re in the bathroom, exchange your plastic razor for a metal (or similar) safety razor
Plastic Free July is the perfect time to reconsider the products you’re using around the house and out & about. What will you change up this month?